Thread: 9-2-18 Patching Patch Notice

Lead GM / Community Manager Atlas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9-2-18 Patching Patch Notice

Greetings Runners,

So I did some digging around with each department to figure out where we stand after this weekend. With it being Sunday, I wanted to make sure all the ducks were in a row and you could be given the most information possible. If you keep up with the Discord, you will have seen that Lykos made an announcement that the server is going to stay down for a bit until the what I'm calling the "patching patch" is ready to go. Currently how it works is Lykos is the only man with access to the system necessary to push anything to the server. The problem with this is that he pretty much has to chase everyone down and ask "is this ready?" about a hundred times, then try to deliver things to the server. If something doesn't land correctly, he then has to try to diagnose and fix something himself. If after all that something still breaks, it becomes an issue long after it should have been noticed in the first place. Two things happen here... firstly and most importantly, it is very draining and time consuming for Lykos to try to carry the end burden on his shoulders for each patch. Second, like I mentioned before it makes it harder to notice issues before they become a hindrance for Live.

Unfortunately I'm following a trend that all official announcements I make seem to follow, and I have to tell you this is yet another task the ever busy Wizard must tackle. He is currently in the middle of setting up a new patching system that is basically like a git repository for an internal test server, where each team member can actually work almost on an "internal-live" server to ensure things work 100% before they are brought to the public server. As Therenall put it when I got to asking him about this, things will be a lot easier for us, which in turn will make things ever faster and smoother when we bring things to you. Once Wizard graces us with yet more of his ambrosia, Therenall will begin setting up what we need to make things smoother with that internal test server where we all become more involved in patching.

Stay classy boys and I'll keep you posted.
    Last edited by Atlas; 09-02-2018 at 11:12 PM.
    Chris "Atlas" Potts
    Lead GM / Community Manager / Content Developer
    N E O C R O N . O R G
    Drop that weapon!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Useful Post:

Barely Legal (09-08-2018),Bonse (10-14-2018),CoreKeeper (09-07-2018),Deka Dent (09-04-2018),Stevil (09-03-2018)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stay classy SAN Diego...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hows the actual netcode side going?
    NC1: The Warbots Testis, Massacre** and Keith Chegwin (Saturn - 101st/Phoenix Mercs)
    NC2: Keith Chegwin, Phil Mitchell, Bonse, The Warbots Testis
    NCC: Bonse, BonsePPU, BonseRES etc etc

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonse View Post
    Hows the actual netcode side going?
    Honestly, nobody here knows except @Wizard at this point.
    Noah "Lykos" Wingate-Dolph
    Server Administrator / Developer
    N E O C R O N . O R G
    Community Developed, Runner Approved!