Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [B#61] Missions! Oh my!

Developer / Server Admin Therenall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yokom View Post
    You cant even get teaming to work the list of bugs is longer then my *^&% and that's pretty long, and your fucking around with the economy, and freaking out about he El Farid pits.

Just have to scratch my head on that.
    Oh boy, aren't we feeling entitled today.

• The team stuff hasn't been fixed because frankly I don't know if I'm going to bother fixing it or just wait for one of the phases of the netcode release, because it's been completely re-written anyways.
    • The content team doesn't have anything to do with fixing source bugs.

The code base is a dumpster fire and neither Wizard nor myself have had a lot of time the last few weeks to do much due to IRL work. My time should be freed up to do more soon, and I'm probably going to work on some stuff this weekend as well.
    Therenall
    Developer / Server Administrator
    N E O C R O N . O R G

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Therenall For This Useful Post:

Ascension (04-01-2018),DarkPhoenix (04-02-2018),Deka Dent (04-01-2018),Doc Holliday (04-01-2018),firstnorthstar (05-22-2018),Lykos (03-31-2018)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see why he was hostile. You're worrying way too much about the money making aspects of el farid and such places
    The economy was always a bit 'meh'. You'll never get it to balance, trying is a major waste of your resources. Even if the content team has nothing to do with bugs it's still a waste of resources.

The economy in Neocron and nearly every other MMO was based on items, you might add 20m to a trade to sweeten the deal, but it'll be those rare's, special armour, woc disks, whatever that make the trade. Money is just used to pad clan efforts, building a few noob items, item repair, op war costs etc. Anything of value is going to be inside a cab somewhere hiding away.
    The exception to this being the odd game like Eve Online which takes way too much manpower to maintain for a Neocron project. I'm struggling to think of many MMO's where money has trade value, WoW maybe? It's a battle you'll have to evolve and battle endlessly and it's daft to try.

And on a rant at the monk hate. The fact you and everyone mentions 'barrel' as in from Monks doing it is still annoying. As it's tanks who safespot el farid, just the people screaming loudly about the place where actually on tanks safespotting and getting annoyed at monks killing stuff. Least the monks actually died, you die often doing this on an APU vs a tank. This is the entire point of the class, a higher damage output with more risk.
    You've got to stop listening to those who scream the loudest.

Panthoraxium The Third:
    Clans:Templars, SkullCult, Terrorists, SynergyXR, ByB
    Characters: Pantho the (PE/PPU/APU/etc), Kiltiky, Samuel Jones, Warnick
    I used to be an NC addict and was cruel to most. But I made countless friends in NC, but if I don't remember you please don't be offended. I has memory issues, honestly(health related). That or you're just not worth remembering...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantho For This Useful Post:

Yokom (05-16-2018)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are some games with a good playermarket and economy. WoW and Runescape for example have strong currencies so lots of people buy gold of these games all the time.

ofc if you want a good economy it had to be reworked completly since in nc it became total bs after the first years the game was out.
    but with only removing bounty from mobs i don t see how it would get worse. you can just aswell make that change and see what happens. maybe you ll find few drug addicts in the wastelands and loot the mobs to pay for their drugs from time to time. but all in all you don t have to afford much once you get equipped once so i can t imagine that people would have farm too much. or maybe it does absolutly nothing and then noone cares aswell.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd not say WoW does, there currency has inflation rates to make your eyes water. It's how they 'reset' there economy all the time while making it appear they don't.
    Facts are you'd have to redesign the entire thing, the man power would be borderline impossible.

Panthoraxium The Third:
    Clans:Templars, SkullCult, Terrorists, SynergyXR, ByB
    Characters: Pantho the (PE/PPU/APU/etc), Kiltiky, Samuel Jones, Warnick
    I used to be an NC addict and was cruel to most. But I made countless friends in NC, but if I don't remember you please don't be offended. I has memory issues, honestly(health related). That or you're just not worth remembering...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12