Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP and PvE Changes!

Lead GM / Community Manager Atlas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation PvP and PvE Changes!

Greetings my dudes, this is the announcement that we were touching base about in Discord. Take a seat, we're about to lay down some knowledge for you:

With the new storage being tested, we will be testing new PvE and PvP rules. What this means is we have decided to adopt a Friendly Fire OFF Sector type for most city zones, which are going to look something like this:

Zones:

Law Enforced Zone - This zone type will flag every runner as having a law enforcer, and enforce PvE only in this zone type. You will be able to pull a weapon but cannot attack other players.

Friendly Zone - This zone type will disable Friendly Fire between factions. If you attack a runner of your faction, or an allied faction, no damage will occur. You can only attack Neutral or Hostile factions in these zones.

Free For All Zone - This zone type will enable Friendly Fire between factions. You can attack a runner of your faction, neutral, or hostile. Attacking a runner of an allied faction however will cause you to lose faction sympathy with that faction.

Lawless Zone - This zone type will DISABLE the Law Enforcer. It will be used in high level dungeons where the loot is precious. It is for end game content dungeons and high level areas where the Law Enforcer pretty much causes an imbalance.

Factions:

We are also looking into opening up Anarchy Breed and Dome of York as playable factions.

Anarchy Breed will be a FFA faction, where you are hostile to everybody. You will be able to kill your own faction members too, and it is a PvP fest. Something of note is that Anarchy Breed runners will not be able to equip a Law Enforcer at all.

Dome of York is hostile to all Pro-City, and ALLIED to all Anti-City. It is Neutral to FA and CM.

-

These changes are meant to hopefully cause the following...

Improve the new runner experience by safeguarding them from their own faction, and from runners who want to pick on very low level new runners.

Encourage runners to remove their Law Enforcer to participate in high level dungeons, or pay other high level runners to run the dungeons for them or provide security.

Improve the spread of runners in factions. If you wish to not have bad soullight and faction sympathy, you will move to a faction that is hostile to your enemies.

Soul Light will be getting an adjustment too, and will be harder to lose.

The final thing we are looking to do is make it so LE Characters cannot block projectiles anymore. This will prevent LE runners from exploiting by standing in front of AoE to make you hit yourself.

This will be implemented over the next couple of weeks. Be advised that we will be removing ALL safe zones from the game and implementing these new zone types over time. We think this will be a bridge between the two types of players and should be a pretty good compromise.
    Last edited by Atlas; 02-05-2018 at 12:58 AM.
    Atlas
    Lead GM / Lead World Developer / Community Manager
    N E O C R O N . O R G
    Drop that weapon!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Useful Post:

Ascension (02-05-2018),Exoteis (02-07-2018),firstnorthstar (02-08-2018),Gnisha (02-05-2018),Mace (02-05-2018),Therenall (02-05-2018)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds cool.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mace For This Useful Post:

Barely Legal (02-28-2018)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dome of York is hostile to all Pro-City, and ALLIED to all Anti-City. It is Neutral to FA and CM.
    so basically TG
    You know where to go.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O_o nc is a pvp game!!! why this pve shit ??? you cant kill someone in the sewers bad idea ....
    Last edited by hazuk; 02-05-2018 at 01:53 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    Law Enforced Zone - This zone type will flag every runner as having a law enforcer, and enforce PvE only in this zone type. You will be able to pull a weapon but cannot attack other players.
    Cool for some PvE Events or maybe very hard Boss Encounters to avoid Group Damage

Friendly Zone - This zone type will disable Friendly Fire between factions. If you attack a runner of your faction, or an allied faction, no damage will occur. You can only attack Neutral or Hostile factions in these zones.
    maybe for some Faction Events (City Admin vs Black Dragon) or something

Free For All Zone - This zone type will enable Friendly Fire between factions. You can attack a runner of your faction, neutral, or hostile. Attacking a runner of an allied faction however will cause you to lose faction sympathy with that faction.
    Normal Zones like Plaza, Outzone, Wastelands and so on ...

Lawless Zone - This zone type will DISABLE the Law Enforcer. It will be used in high level dungeons where the loot is precious. It is for end game content dungeons and high level areas where the Law Enforcer pretty much causes an imbalance.
    Op Zones (no more LE scouting) and PvP Events

What this means is we have decided to adopt a Friendly Fire OFF Sector type for most city zones
    no please no ... make neocron city sectors to a neutral zone with copbots everywhere but possible to kill someone ... just make the ComCenter to the new plaza 1 (trading and stuff) and make it safe

improve the new runner experience by safeguarding them from their own faction, and from runners who want to pick on very low level new runners.
    1. new runner will be safe cause of LE
    2. they are safe against their own faction cause of Soullight
    3. this is neocron ... we dont need a hello kitty edition

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Skansy For This Useful Post:

hazuk (02-05-2018)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hinch View Post
    so basically TG
    I believe TG is neutral to Proto Pharm. They have some Pro City ties.

Quote Originally Posted by hazuk View Post
    O_o nc is a pvp game!!! why this pve shit ??? you cant kill someone in the sewers bad idea ....
    You're right it is, and we're looking to help protect new players so they can turn into PvPers. If you look at the overall goal, it is to push people to PvP while letting them still enjoy PvE if they wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Skansy View Post
    no please no ... make neocron city sectors to a neutral zone with copbots everywhere but possible to kill someone ... just make the ComCenter to the new plaza 1 (trading and stuff) and make it safe

We are looking to eliminate safe zones all together and give people the option to PvP pretty much anywhere in the game. The idea is that you don't attack your allied runners... Pretty much every game except Deathmatch has friendly fire OFF. We are not going to back down on this new setting. NC is not Deathmatch, it is a team based game (Teams being Factions, and then Clans). People have forgotten this with the low populations but we hope to spread people out, and help protect new runners so we can increase our population and our PvP players.

Quote Originally Posted by Skansy View Post
    1. new runner will be safe cause of LE
    2. they are safe against their own faction cause of Soullight
    3. this is neocron ... we dont need a hello kitty edition
    1) This is true, but then the complaints come that people with an LE never PVP, they are carebears etc. We are looking to push people out of using their LE.
    2) Soul Light is a joke and you know it, we know it, everybody knows it. If we make it harsher people complain, if we make it less harsh people grief new runners. We are simply walking around the SL System with these changes
    3) You are right, and that is why we are trying to push players to PvP with the high level dungeon changes etc. This is not to make "Neocron Hello Kitty Edition" but to make Neocron great again where people will actually PvP.
    Noah "Lykos" Wingate-Dolph
    Server Administrator / Developer
    N E O C R O N . O R G
    Community Developed, Runner Approved!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm quite optimistic and excited by this idea. Here are some of my thoughts in no particular order.

- Get rid of LE altogether. I don't see a need for it if these changes go ahead.

- Anarchy Breed and Dome of York need their own space. They shouldn't be in the city as far as I'm concerned. So they need their own areas to exist and function.

- I think all Outpost Zones should be Friendly Zones. Red = Dead etc.

- I like the push towards PVP. But I'm not sure its entirely fair. Some characters can't PVP very well (Tradeskillers are gimped for example) but still need to level and get high level gear. I'm of the opinion that forcing them in to zones where they will most likely die will result in turning people off. I don't care for your paying for security or paying someone to do the content for you idea at all. I would suggest perhaps an alternate routeway for tradeskillers to level and obtain items they need.

- Lawless zones should be few and far between. Like the pit fighting arena and things. I don't see an RP need to kill your own faction or neutrals really unless you're having a scrimmage. I quantify this because if you just want to kill anyone you can go AB and do that if you wish.

- AB definitely shouldn't be a starter faction. Maybe after you have rolled one character and moved it to AB you can then start new ones there? It should be a conscious choice to join them by either getting symp or preferably, completing a difficult questline to get there to make it an achievement and also it's more content.

If I think of anything else I will post up!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohh yeah, that sounds good!

With that changes, we could remove the LE at all ...

I loke the idea of the new factions ... maybe we could add the Trader Union too .. friendly to all = not killable inside city
    but all this factions shouldnt be a starter faction ... you should do a mission line to get access to the faction change guy

Keep going!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ Stevil great post man! @Atlas wow! just wow!

About Stevil's post there is an idea that i had for a while ago but i've no clue of feasible it i. Skill in NC are related to trade skills and fighting. I would suggest creating something like what Star Wars Galaxies had you could do trade skilling with the ability of being able to fight to a certain extend. maybe the stats should be only for physical and mental abilities (agility, health, willpower, psi power) and having a "Talent" window that would allowed people to choose their extra skills (researcher, "cst"or, barter, APU/PPU, vehicule use or driver) those talents would level differently than the skills. the more you use a certain ability the better you get. the more you do something complicated or difficult the more experience you get.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Setlec For This Useful Post:

Stevil (02-05-2018)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am on the remove LE bandwagon. I think it should come out in a storyline-based tutorial where the runner goes from being a regular joe to an actual shadowrunner... like we were intended to be. I know this isnt Shadowrun but lets be realistic, what else is there thats cyberpunk?

I would like to see a heavily guided lore-filled descent into the murky world of becoming a "runner" rather than just standing in plaza 1, spamming discord while you wait ten minutes for your LE to be removed. It should be a life choice for new runners. An achievement just like - the first time you went to mb, or the first char you capped.

I think these changes are brilliant and will allow that sort of thing to take place, even if only in the mind of the player.
    NCC Celebrity, "they see me trollin', they hatin!"