Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PvP and PvE Changes!

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    -snip-
    If you do add all of these things (money man and XP man) for people to test these are great things. They will allow those who genuinely want to test to have a place and resources to do so.

However wanting to encourage a fledgling community to be borne in this space will require those wipes to be long gone I think. People will want to know that any progress which they earn will not be wiped.

This might very well be stating the bleeding obvious but it is the world as I see it. That all said I do feel like having a look at these new textures.
    By that logic, nobody wants to test Neocron at all, we introduced the money man and XP and nobody logged in for weeks and weeks. We need people to just play the game to test functionality, it speeds up our development so we don't have to sit there and level characters to find bugs.
    Noah "Lykos" Wingate-Dolph
    Server Administrator / Developer
    N E O C R O N . O R G
    Community Developed, Runner Approved!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I know but I am looking at things from a consumer point of view and offering you a reason why you might well have found that you have had zero population thats all. How you get testers in to address it is another issue entirely but I think from a user point of view this is probably the stumbling block you have encountered.
    NCC Celebrity, "they see me trollin', they hatin!"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20-30 people on at weekends usually Billy Boy.

The whole point of testing is to make this game better. Like Lykos said the money and gear man put people off playing because there was nothing to do. I personally stopped testing because it was introduced and since the latest wipe it's been great. I get what you're saying, I really do but we are not consumers. The game hasn't been released. The Dev team owe us nothing and they're working hard to make this game great again.

The way I see it is that I can either help them or not. My contribution is miniscule, but I still think I've helped make this game better.

There are tons of people who want to play but don't want to level. Like at all. They want this to be like an FPS or Battlegrounds where you just log in and PVP. But the result is that there won't be anyone to play with. But come release everyone will be a big 0 and they will have to or not bother playing at all.

Lead GM / Community Manager Atlas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stevil hit the nail squarely on the head... this discussion isn't really going anywhere because everyone right now is considered a BETA TESTER, we are not fostering a player community yet. We've stated before this will happen when the game is RELEASED.

*Alright I redact this*

If you are going to take away anything from this post ensure that it is this: the development process needs to be taken in steps, first and foremost the step that needs to be completed is getting the game stable by having storage and netcode fully deployed. Everything else is completely secondary until these two things are completed and ready to go. This of course divides into uh... sub-steps? Or something? Wherein changes like the Zone types lay out some groundwork for how the future will be. Getting this step finished prior to netcode release is simply going to make everyone's job easier when it comes to balance.
    Last edited by Atlas; 02-24-2018 at 03:16 PM.
    Atlas
    Lead GM / Lead World Developer / Community Manager
    N E O C R O N . O R G
    Drop that weapon!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlas For This Useful Post:

Barely Legal (03-13-2018)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve mucker i dont think you do get what i am saying but i see your point. I was referring to Lykos' point about having zero testers at one point in the past. I am of the opinion that you should only criticize someone if you can do the job better. As I cant I am not being critical. If it comes across that way then thats a whole other thing but it is certainly not the intent.

Im not bashing any of you. I think its great, what you're doing. Im installing the client already because I want to see what you have achieved. All I am doing is offering you my feedback and my interpretation of why you might have hit problems in the past. At no point am i flaming anyone or giving anyone grief, it is simply an attempt to help in some small way. I come here to keep tabs on the project mostly when I am at work during the day and so its my way of staying connected to things a little bit more. If I had any skills worth offering I would have pitched in to help but when I looked way back there wasnt anything I could offer that hadnt already been covered.

No idea what the nc3 comment is, but I hope that one wasnt aimed at me. NC3 is a pipe dream anyway.
    NCC Celebrity, "they see me trollin', they hatin!"

Lead GM / Community Manager Atlas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Steve mucker i dont think you do get what i am saying but i see your point. I was referring to Lykos' point about having zero testers at one point in the past. I am of the opinion that you should only criticize someone if you can do the job better. As I cant I am not being critical. If it comes across that way then thats a whole other thing but it is certainly not the intent.

Im not bashing any of you. I think its great, what you're doing. Im installing the client already because I want to see what you have achieved. All I am doing is offering you my feedback and my interpretation of why you might have hit problems in the past. At no point am i flaming anyone or giving anyone grief, it is simply an attempt to help in some small way. I come here to keep tabs on the project mostly when I am at work during the day and so its my way of staying connected to things a little bit more. If I had any skills worth offering I would have pitched in to help but when I looked way back there wasnt anything I could offer that hadnt already been covered.

No idea what the nc3 comment is, but I hope that one wasnt aimed at me. NC3 is a pipe dream anyway.
    Yeah, that thing Lykos was talking about was a bit frustrating. At a point in the past we gave everyone literally exactly what they wanted and everyone dropped off the face of the earth. Now that Therenall released some heavy changes to the game everyone is back up in arms wanting exactly what the previous beta phase was.

It wasn't, I was just being lazy and not quoting people when I typed all that. There were two replies above yours talking about it. Also, If you want to start playing a bit keep the following link in mind if you see anything out of the ordinary:

https://github.com/NCC-Lykos/neocron-classic/issues

That link has two functions: firstly to obviously make reports if you see anything that needs reporting, but also you can weigh in on other reports people have made. For instance simply saying "I've experienced this too" is actually good info for us as it confirms that an issue is repeatable for many different clients.
    Atlas
    Lead GM / Lead World Developer / Community Manager
    N E O C R O N . O R G
    Drop that weapon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sex, hard fuckin Sex ;-)
    i love it, keep it up
    #Quake4Life

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Barely Legal For This Useful Post:

Jet Milow (03-01-2018)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrka View Post
    NEOCRON 3

Neocron 3 is in internal development and currently looking for publishing opportunities.

Source: http://nukklear.com/#games

That would be amazing.

It's been so long since NC1, and even then it wasn't all that well known. Rather than calling it Neocron 3, why not just call it Neocron?

Neocron 3 is in internal development and currently looking for publishing opportunities.
    I thought anybody could release a game on Steam, so what did they mean by this? Does it mean they need another company to bank roll development? MMOs are very expensive to develop aren't they?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cronbeer View Post
    That would be amazing.

It's been so long since NC1, and even then it wasn't all that well known. Rather than calling it Neocron 3, why not just call it Neocron?

I thought anybody could release a game on Steam, so what did they mean by this? Does it mean they need another company to bank roll development? MMOs are very expensive to develop aren't they?

Without speaking to Kirk, I believe it means they are looking for financial backing yes. MMOs are super expensive, not just development but servers and patches and everything gets pricey.
    @Kirk Lenke?
    Noah "Lykos" Wingate-Dolph
    Server Administrator / Developer
    N E O C R O N . O R G
    Community Developed, Runner Approved!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all, I receive many questions so pls give me some time to get back to you here as well.
    But yeah you are right.