User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PvP and PvE Changes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing changes @Atlas and all devs !

I like the fact you guys are thinking about both newcomers, pve-ers, and pvp-ers.

This is proper way to go ! good job

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't the city supposed to be a safe place where CopBots patrol and avoid you pulling out your gun?

So much for "Classic" Neocron it seems as people are being pushed to PVP.
    Last edited by BlackMaze; 02-18-2018 at 09:16 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In classic neocron even trade skillers could pvp. It wasnt gimped to fuckery like they forced in nc2.w/e

Pvp is the lifeblood of this game. There isnt enough support for gigantic quests and epic raids where you fight 2452 different bosses and get a legendary 10 slot sword of kill everyone.

Pve is a need to support pvp though. You need to let people get their feet wet. see fights. get in fights. get that rush. get hooked. then get fucked. then do it all over again.

Its a fucking good job its lykos running this, as reading some of the intellectuals posting here, and then reading his answers its obvious that a good amount of thought has gone in to this.

I just wish the game was being remade on UE4 not the frankenginestein it is at the mo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Holliday For This Useful Post:

Lykos (02-19-2018)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackMaze View Post
    Isn't the city supposed to be a safe place where CopBots patrol and avoid you pulling out your gun?

So much for "Classic" Neocron it seems as people are being pushed to PVP.
    Sure, and if the AI was any smarter they would be more efficient at keeping the bad guys from committing bad crimes.

We aren't getting rid of all safe zones, there will be the trade skill zones where people can be safe and cozy but we are opening up the game for more opportunity. We want to break out of the cycle of Zone line fight here, bitching over there, ninja an OP and then stand in Plaza and gloat about it. Neocron was originally pitched as a dangerous MMO, "You never die alone", etc. We are working towards this atmosphere while keeping the tradeskillers safe in their bubble.
    Noah "Lykos" Wingate-Dolph
    Server Administrator / Developer
    N E O C R O N . O R G
    Community Developed, Runner Approved!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lykos For This Useful Post:

Doc Holliday (02-20-2018),William Antrim (02-21-2018)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the kind of thing that will draw people in hopefully.
    NCC Celebrity, "they see me trollin', they hatin!"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lykos View Post
    Sure, and if the AI was any smarter they would be more efficient at keeping the bad guys from committing bad crimes.

We aren't getting rid of all safe zones, there will be the trade skill zones where people can be safe and cozy but we are opening up the game for more opportunity. We want to break out of the cycle of Zone line fight here, bitching over there, ninja an OP and then stand in Plaza and gloat about it. Neocron was originally pitched as a dangerous MMO, "You never die alone", etc. We are working towards this atmosphere while keeping the tradeskillers safe in their bubble.
    Hey don't get me wrong, great to see that you guys are making changes and your dedication to the project is admirable.

In the end though, I thought we'd get to play Neocron Classic. Basically the way the game looked and operated, just without the bugs and exploits.

I was expecting the old models, textures, HUD and the old gameplay.

With what we've been shown and with what's being promised in posts like these it looks like you're more focused on creating Neocron the way the general folk would have wanted to see it. Making gameplay changes and cleaning up the game's visuals.

That's cool as well I suppose. To each their own. Probably not the Neocron I hoped for though

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackMaze View Post
    Hey don't get me wrong, great to see that you guys are making changes and your dedication to the project is admirable.

In the end though, I thought we'd get to play Neocron Classic. Basically the way the game looked and operated, just without the bugs and exploits.

I was expecting the old models, textures, HUD and the old gameplay.

With what we've been shown and with what's being promised in posts like these it looks like you're more focused on creating Neocron the way the general folk would have wanted to see it. Making gameplay changes and cleaning up the game's visuals.

That's cool as well I suppose. To each their own. Probably not the Neocron I hoped for though
    Old Models
    All focus is on storage at the moment. The way Genesis handles models is a nightmare and KK hacked in a lot of crap to make these "new" models work. The only code base we have to look back on for NC1 is an early Beta. We also have to remember that not only do player models use the new system, but some NPCs use the new model system (Genotoxic etc.) and if we ever want to have better looking NPCs we have to make this a hybrid system. Simply flipping on old models isn't the case, and we all understand now why KK ignored all those requests. We aren't ignoring it, but we aren't focused on it right now with the game in the state it is in now.

Textures
    Admittedly, the texture upgrade happened fast and was out of left field. We were experimenting with textures in game and saw that the NST was gloating about bringing 4k to NC. We decided to see how feasible it was to have 4k textures, and honestly the rest is history. We use 1k and 2k textures as 4k would slow down the game and be a bit clunky, but it was a side project that took off. It is nice to see NC in its full smooth glory honestly and I think a lot of people really like that NC can "look how they remember" instead of looking dull and muddy. It took no resources away from source development to upgrade the textures, and if you don't like them we can include an option to turn it all off if you really want.

HUD
    The HUD is NC1. I have spent a lot of time reverting all the elements and recreating the elements to work in this NC 2.1 based engine. The HUD however needs love, with high res monitors the hud becomes tiny and hard to read. In its current state it has no scaling, as it was designed for a maximum of 1600x1200. It will be getting a makeover in the future to allow for scaling and more customization.

Old Gameplay
    This one confuses me, which old gameplay? The problem is not that the old gameplay isn't there, it is that the vets do not want to play the game the way it was designed. They want to jump in game, be instantly capped and go kill people deathmatch style. We allowed this with the introduction of vendors and a money man, and our population was 0 for months. Literally complaining about a wipe coming so they wouldn't play? What are they going to lose? Nothing. We are looking to create balance between pvp and pve, to keep tradeskillers safe to a point, and also allow them to hire bodyguards in dangerous areas where their Law Enforcer will be disabled.

I think you forget that we are a BIG team, much larger than the NST. We have a content and graphics department, and we have a source development department. Focusing the content department on cleaning up the graphics, cleaning up the worlds, fixing the visual bugs and helping to create a balanced environment is not taking away from fixing bugs in the source, improving the data storage system, and implementing a new netcode to improve the overall NC Experience.

In all honesty you can consider this version of NC like the latest Doom game, they quit using numbers and such and just called it Doom. We will just be called Neocron and be a visually and functionally upgraded Neocron with a proper working economy, pve AND pvp system, and cater to new players to help the NC Community grow to show support for development of NC3 someday.

Noah "Lykos" Wingate-Dolph
    Server Administrator / Developer
    N E O C R O N . O R G
    Community Developed, Runner Approved!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not seen NC3 mentioned for a long time. Is it even remotely possible?
    Last edited by cronbeer; 02-23-2018 at 12:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cronbeer View Post
    I've not seen NC3 mentioned for a long time. Is it even remotely possible?

NEOCRON 3

Neocron 3 is in internal development and currently looking for publishing opportunities.

Source: http://nukklear.com/#games

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the point that puts people off in your "old gameplay" subheading is the fact that there will be a wipe. Nobody wants to put in any effort because there may/will be a wipe. They dont want their "progression" to be lost.

Nobody wants to jump into the game and test things because most people who "test" games actually are just nosey fuckers who want to see things before their mates. People who actually test get paid for testing and it is a laborious process to test any kind of software for any function. I have experience of this as my fiancee is in that line of work.

Add this to the lack of players and you don't have a product which draws people in. I mean no offence to this but you can see the "other" NC and its lack of players is the first thing that people cite when they are asked why they stopped playing. If you do add all of these things (money man and XP man) for people to test these are great things. They will allow those who genuinely want to test to have a place and resources to do so.

However wanting to encourage a fledgling community to be borne in this space will require those wipes to be long gone I think. People will want to know that any progress which they earn will not be wiped.

This might very well be stating the bleeding obvious but it is the world as I see it. That all said I do feel like having a look at these new textures.
    NCC Celebrity, "they see me trollin', they hatin!"