User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Developer AMA - 10 DEC 2017

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Developer AMA - 10 DEC 2017

We will be holding a Developer AMA on December 10th 2017 around 11 AM CST. Have your questions ready! We will open this thread when it starts.
    Noah "Lykos" Wingate-Dolph
    Server Administrator / Developer
    N E O C R O N . O R G
    Community Developed, Runner Approved!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lykos For This Useful Post:

CoreKeeper (12-05-2017),Gnisha (12-05-2017),Introvert (12-10-2017)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lykos View Post
    We will be holding a Developer AMA on December 10th 2017 around 11 AM CST. Have your questions ready! We will open this thread when it starts.
    The Developer AMA will be held here and on Discord. We will be answering questions on voice chat if you would like to listen in, it will be recorded so you can play it back later, and we will summarize it here at the end.

Get those questions ready!
    N E O C R O N . O R G

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Apologies for the late start! We have opened the thread.
    N E O C R O N . O R G

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings! I have been searching for MMORPG with a good non-target First/Third Person Shooter mechanic for years. Ive recently discovered NEOCRON and fell in love with its gameplay and amazing cyberpunk setting, which I am big fan of.
    I know that the original developer no longer exists and the code and all the materials were provided to Neocron community. Started to play a few days ago Community Edition/Neocron Evolution, but discovered that the game is basically dead, although Neocron Team keeps releasing updates its empty. Then I found out that your team of exceptional enthusiasts is in progress of development of Neocron Classic Community Edition which will represent the first version of the game without Beyond Dome of York features.
    I am so sorry for such a long and unnecessary introduction and please dont be mad. However, is a current state of game playable enough and friendly to a new player such as me or should I wait for the further updates and a final release?

Thanks for your attention! Your loyalty and dedication to this project deserves respect and appreciation!!! Good luck to you guys)
    Last edited by Introvert; 12-10-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Developer / Server Admin Therenall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Introvert View Post
    I am so sorry for such a long and unnecessary introduction and please don’t be mad.
    Why would we be mad Welcome to the community!

Greetings! I have been searching for MMORPG with a good non-target First/Third Person Shooter mechanic for years. I’ve recently discovered NEOCRON and fell in love with its gameplay and amazing cyberpunk setting, which I am big fan of.
    I know that the original developer no longer exists and the code and all the materials were provided to Neocron community. Started to play a few days ago “Community Edition/Neocron Evolution”, but discovered that the game is basically dead, although Neocron Team keeps releasing updates – it’s empty. Then I found out that your team of exceptional enthusiasts is in progress of development of Neocron “Classic Community Edition” which will represent the first version of the game without “Beyond Dome of York” features.
    I am so sorry for such a long and unnecessary introduction and please don’t be mad. However, is a current state of game playable enough and friendly to a new player such as me or should I wait for the further updates and a final release?

Thanks for your attention! Your loyalty and dedication to this project deserves respect and appreciation!!! Good luck to you guys)
    The game in it's current state is beta-quality. We have some pretty big updates coming to the core of the game that will make it far more stable, and give us something much better to build off of. Currently I'm working on overhauling the character and item storage, and @Wizard is overhauling the netcode and service layers. There will eventually be a beta wipe when the new storage is done, though.

That being said, we always welcome people testing things But the long-term stuff won't happen until we leave beta.
    Therenall
    Developer / Server Administrator
    N E O C R O N . O R G

Lead GM / Community Manager Atlas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    However, is a current state of game playable enough and friendly to a new player such as me or should I wait for the further updates and a final release?
    Greetings Paul Denton, hope your brother got you out of that sticky situation back in NYC alright.

Here's what I've told folks with a similar question in the past: Neocron Classic is in a rough beta state, we have for instance all items, consumables that give you experience, and an NPC that distributes infinite money for people to test things with. Quests are working, but not in the final state we wish them to be, and the exp gain from doing things in general is at a heightened state. Basically, this edition is for people that are veterans of the game and just want to muck about with our build until it is ready. Throughout the development process we will also need people to test things when necessary, but we don't really have a large laundry list of things for people to just hop on and do whenever. This is where it becomes vital to join our Discord so you can keep up to date and raise your hand for a call for testing from one of us!

We have no competition with Neocron Evolution, and believe that as long as someone is playing Neocron we are happy with this simple fact. If you want to get your feet wet with Neocron feel free to play Evo and enjoy the world as is.
    Atlas
    Lead GM / Lead World Developer / Community Manager
    N E O C R O N . O R G
    Drop that weapon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, i am going to try anyway)
    In my walkthrough Paul died though

- - - Updated - - -

Oh! Sorry for spoilers.
    Last edited by Introvert; 12-10-2017 at 05:21 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Introvert For This Useful Post:

Lykos (12-10-2017)

Lead GM / Community Manager Atlas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, i am going to try anyway)
    In my walkthrough Paul died though

- - - Updated - - -

Oh! Sorry for spoilers.
    Hey do you use Discord? We have an ama chat going on there and we could use someone getting some more active dialogue going. We have plenty of answers to give but not many people are biting since they're vets. You type the questions and some of us are on VOIP and others are typing replies.

A newer player might keep the ball rolling.
    Atlas
    Lead GM / Lead World Developer / Community Manager
    N E O C R O N . O R G
    Drop that weapon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey how long more for NCC???
    cmon give us some nearly date
    it cant be so long more now

Mentioned