User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shifting back into high gear

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Shifting back into high gear

So now that we have had our summer vacation and all drank and smoked and partied our assess off (Depending on where you are at in the world ) it is time to get back into high gear on NC Development.

Our priority list for RELEASE is as follows...

1. Character Data Storage Upgrades
    2. Vendors selling correct items around the world
    3. Missions functioning, including ALL epics
    4. Smooth and proper character progression from new runner to capped runner
    5. NC1 Character Models

I will explain the reasoning for the order of this list...

Character Data Storage Upgrades - This is a very important item. It will help solve a lot of NC's issues with data corruption. This will also open the door to a lot of data being able to be added to each character and expand on a lot of areas of the game. I really can't go into details much on it because it is not my project, but this is a requirement for NC to continue on. Also this is top priority because we will HAVE to wipe the characters in order to upgrade to the new system. There is no option for an in place upgrade.

Vendors - This is pretty self explanatory. We need the vendors working so that people can buy items when players are unavailable.

Missions - Again, this is how progression is made in the world.

Smooth and proper character progression - Right now the path to cap is simple... Smash out sewers until you can hit aggies, aggies to Military Bunker, Bunker to Chaos Caves, Capped. We want to expand the options so that people do not have to follow the same path all the time. This will include making the Job Center useful again, making tradeskiller missions actually work and only work for tradeskillers, and bring some happy balance to the whole world.

Last but not least, NC1 Character Models - This is last on the list. The reason for this is that we want to have the most attention on this after everything else is out of the way. Our focus here is the ability to switch all accounts over to using NC1 models, and then allow you to customize your model without having to recreate your character. The ability to switch between NC1 and NC2 models is hoping to remain so that someday in the future we may create new models on the new skeletons We hear you, we know you want NC1 models and we will provide them, it will just take time!

In the mean time please visit the Bug Reports forum and participate in the threads the development team has posted so that we may keep heading forward on items
    Noah "Lykos" Wingate-Dolph
    Server Administrator / Developer
    N E O C R O N . O R G
    Community Developed, Runner Approved!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lykos For This Useful Post:

BlackMaze (09-20-2017),cronbeer (09-21-2017),firstnorthstar (10-03-2017),hazuk (09-23-2017),Roger Ramjet (09-23-2017)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <3 can't wait guys. Thank you for all the hard work!

P.S. - Can you guys remove the spam messages from the "What's New?" view? I use that to see what's going on here but it's filled with spam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will the NC1 character models look the same as they did in NC1, or will they be NC2 models styled to look like NC1?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cronbeer View Post
    Will the NC1 character models look the same as they did in NC1, or will they be NC2 models styled to look like NC1?
    Our goal is to roll the models back to the original NC1 models.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gnisha For This Useful Post:

BlackMaze (09-22-2017),cronbeer (09-23-2017),firstnorthstar (10-03-2017),Lykos (09-21-2017)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackMaze View Post
    <3 can't wait guys. Thank you for all the hard work!

P.S. - Can you guys remove the spam messages from the "What's New?" view? I use that to see what's going on here but it's filled with spam
    Got you fam.
    N E O C R O N . O R G

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see you're still on it but i have to say, i'll only be back when netcode is sorted and the 3rd person camera is actually set up correctly xD

Keep it up
    NC1: The Warbots Testis, Massacre** and Keith Chegwin (Saturn - 101st/Phoenix Mercs)
    NC2: Keith Chegwin, Phil Mitchell, Bonse, The Warbots Testis
    NCC: Bonse, BonsePPU, BonseRES etc etc

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonse View Post
    Good to see you're still on it but i have to say, i'll only be back when netcode is sorted and the 3rd person camera is actually set up correctly xD

Keep it up
    Welp see you next year or something then
    N E O C R O N . O R G

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a patch schedule that you are aiming for? What kind of cadence do you feel is realistic with the current team and how many man-hours are going into this every week these days?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys - spread Love for the Team aka Our Last Hope <3
    Keep the good work.
    #Quake4Life

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unconnected View Post
    Do you have a patch schedule that you are aiming for? What kind of cadence do you feel is realistic with the current team and how many man-hours are going into this every week these days?
    There isn't any real patch schedule. When we have enough changes submitted internally and when we feel that we've made significant progress to call it a "patch", we'll package it up and release it.

We don't like to give dates, because if we do miss them, the community will be all over it. So, we want to avoid that.

As for the man hours, it varies honestly. For example there are weeks where I'm putting in ~20 hours of development work, and then there are the weeks where I'm lucky to get 6 hours in. We aren't paid for this work; so other things in life take priority. Some of us also have kids, wives, girlfriends, etc, and also have to devote time to them....we can't be hermits
    Gnisha
    Content Developer / Support Game Master
    N E O C R O N . O R G
    "I burnt the cupcakes."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gnisha For This Useful Post:

Lykos (11-01-2017)