User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ONE POTATO! TWO POTATO! THREE POTATO! CUCUMBER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the old nc1 code for skeleton and animations gone for good? Its nostalgia thats brining me back to nc, I would rather have the old models and animations.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its still there, but then we have to redo ALL the models. The new models that were added (Genotoxic mobs etc) were all redone to use the new skeleton system. Also the new NPCs they added use the new skeleton system also. There is going to be a lot of work either way we go.
    Noah "Lykos" Wingate-Dolph
    Server Administrator / Developer
    N E O C R O N . O R G
    Community Developed, Runner Approved!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm wishing we can get the actual old models. I'd rather play with fewer polygons and crappier textures for the simple reason that I am looking to escape back to actual NC 1.

I've said that before but I suppose it doesn't hurt to say it again once in a while

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lykos View Post
    Its still there, but then we have to redo ALL the models. The new models that were added (Genotoxic mobs etc) were all redone to use the new skeleton system. Also the new NPCs they added use the new skeleton system also. There is going to be a lot of work either way we go.
    If its an equal amount of work whichever way you go, then my vote would be for bringing back the NC1 models. Whilst I appreciate the work you guys have done in making the NC2 models look a bit in the style of NC1, and I'm aware its still a work in progress, it still looks like a NC2 character to me.

Ideas like a pudgy spy or a fat monk are interesting, but the game wouldn't look like NC1.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cronbeer For This Useful Post:

Alex (08-16-2017)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cronbeer View Post
    If its an equal amount of work whichever way you go, then my vote would be for bringing back the NC1 models. Whilst I appreciate the work you guys have done in making the NC2 models look a bit in the style of NC1, and I'm aware its still a work in progress, it still looks like a NC2 character to me.

Ideas like a pudgy spy or a fat monk are interesting, but the game wouldn't look like NC1.
    Same goes with world and weapon textures. I would've liked everything to stay classic NC1. Fact especially is that with the world textures, the contrast between old and new is just too big

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it's early days but I don't like that tank model at all.

How about you make a whole new avatar based on the original NC1 look with your own meshes, skeletons and models? I'd be prepared to persevere with what we have until this can come to fruition as I know it would take a lot of time.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackMaze View Post
    Same goes with world and weapon textures. I would've liked everything to stay classic NC1. Fact especially is that with the world textures, the contrast between old and new is just too big
    The old textures were such cancer we just had to upgrade them... we almost felt like we owed it to the Neocron World to be seen in a high resolution that looks beautiful. The nostalgia glasses only make the world look so good until we finally go "What is this brown smuge?"
    Noah "Lykos" Wingate-Dolph
    Server Administrator / Developer
    N E O C R O N . O R G
    Community Developed, Runner Approved!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lykos For This Useful Post:

CoreKeeper (08-20-2017)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lykos View Post
    The old textures were such cancer we just had to upgrade them... we almost felt like we owed it to the Neocron World to be seen in a high resolution that looks beautiful. The nostalgia glasses only make the world look so good until we finally go "What is this brown smuge?"
    To each their own

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackMaze View Post
    I agree. I would have been very happy if NC Classic was NC1 but with improved netcode and no crashes. The way I see it, it's never going to look as good as a recent game because the engine is from the 90s isn't it? And I actually wouldn't want it to look modern. I'm here because NC1 was one of my favourite ever games, and I want to replay it as it was.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cronbeer For This Useful Post:

Lykos (08-20-2017)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey!

After some time I visited the City today again and I have to say the new textures look wonderfull.
    Feels like comming back home with everything back like it was i NC1.
    It was only a bit... lonley. It seemed like I was all alone on the server, but then it was noon so probably more people on during the evening.

Some things I noticed:
    No advertisment over cityspeakers - I really miss them, especially the german ones.
    Missions: I tried to make some construction missions (very easy) but they just say you have to construct this and that item. I don't get any bluprint or material. Is that really suppose to be that way? As a beginner you just don't have any clue where to get all the "ingredients" or what they would be for the wanted item. I failed thoughout all of those missions, simply because I don't know what ingredients are needed and if, where to get them. I want to play a char that never touches a weapon and only levels through scientific tasks.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to L. S. For This Useful Post:

Camarogue (08-22-2017),Lykos (08-22-2017)