User Tag List

Thread: Project Update: Tools Part Deux (5/15/2017)

Lead GM / Community Manager Atlas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Project Update: Tools Part Deux (5/15/2017)

Hello Runners,

1) Trying to think of a title of this one was difficult. I've reviewed our current project goals with team members and read through our "marker board" so to speak and I've noticed that we're still fully in the tool update phase. @Therenall is the big contender this month so I'll dive into things he has been busy with lately. Firstly, he is doing a lot of work under the hood of Neocron as a whole which includes updates to how character and inventory data is stored and processed by the game. This is big stuff people, as in you know how important and game changing the netcode rework will be? This goes hand in hand with importance.

2) In regard to the tools I mentioned last update, Therenall is continuing to work on his tools that will allow us to edit files more easily and efficiently. Something funny I thought about a few days ago regarding this: I keep just mentioning the fact that they're "tools" and that's because we're not really using any pre-made available programs. Therenall can literally call it "Penile Actuator 2.0" and it would be the cutting edge Neocron modification program.

3) I'm going to talk about something I'm personally involved in now. After talking to some folks on discord I decided to fire up a single portion of the community involvement we have planned for the future instead of waiting for after release; that being our twitch presence. For a while now I've had something planned based on current trends with some game developers that I like, and other members of communities have loved. I had planned on hosting a short "show" if you will with @Lykos and myself basically talking shop and interacting with the chat while we show video of Neocron, hell maybe even a whole other game that we play together just while talking about Neocron such as System Shock 2 coop or something. You may not know this but we're both die hard System Shock fans. Anyway, those guys I talked to on discord are passionate about Neocron and offered to make me up some twitch art for my channel so when that is completed I will make more information known about this!

4) Content Dev team updates: When I got back from my vacation I noticed an incredible surge in updated textures, and you all know what that means... Camarogue is hard at work lately. The guy has taken a sort of stance akin to Wizard where they both now function independently in their lairs, mostly just popping in to brag about their great work they're currently working on. Cam has quite a list of things he is working the kinks out of, and I can't wait until he has it all at a level to have a presentable public package so we can all enjoy it. I've had my tasks shelved for a bit now for our tooling update, as I've reached a point in world development where I need to have updated tools to continue. But don't worry, my obsessive girlfriend levels of dedication for Neocron has me finding other things to do lately! This also brings me to another update! We have added a new person to the team under the Content Development team. He goes by the name @Gnisha and he will be working on the scripting behind missions. Up until now, we have basically all tried to take a stab at missions... with some being more successful than others but with a dedicated person on this subject we can now start integrating our ideas for missions much more smoothly now. This has been a long time coming because I've personally been pretty damn frustrated trying to wrap my head around this stuff. Since this is such an infant stage with us only now getting a dedicated team member we don't have much to share, but we will get the ball rolling and drop info when possible on this!

Overall, we're in sort of an inventory phase of development. We have the beta out, we also have the beta all-inventory vendors out, so the game is sitting at a more or less stable environment for independent play without the need to intervene for game debilitating issues. This phase as stated last time is for the benefit of the development process as a whole to expedite things. When we start getting reports of all our tools being up to 100% things are going to be smooth sailing down at the NCT. I believe in Wizard, Therenall as well as Lykos in getting us through this as promptly as possible.

I took the feedback from the previous thread and tried to mention as much as possible. The thread is now open to discussion and I more than welcome any team members I've mentioned to expand upon what I talked about if they're comfortable with doing so. I'll also be around as usual to talk shop with you fine folks.
    Atlas
    Lead GM / Lead World Developer / Community Manager
    N E O C R O N . O R G
    Drop that weapon!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Useful Post:

Barely Legal (05-22-2017),CoreKeeper (05-16-2017),DarkPhoenix (05-17-2017),Doc Holliday (05-16-2017),Nomoreheadtrips (05-16-2017),Roger Ramjet (05-15-2017),William Antrim (05-16-2017)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm basically going to slap my face on the keyboard and make things work.
    Noah "Lykos" Wingate-Dolph
    Server Administrator / Developer
    N E O C R O N . O R G
    Community Developed, Runner Approved!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lykos For This Useful Post:

Roger Ramjet (05-15-2017)

Lead GM / Community Manager Atlas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atlas
    Lead GM / Lead World Developer / Community Manager
    N E O C R O N . O R G
    Drop that weapon!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Useful Post:

Resslade (05-19-2017),Roger Ramjet (05-15-2017)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this picture is legendary in neocron

anywhere exists a Banner with them and neocron

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Guys, keep it coming.
    Much Love !