User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patch 37 (Beta)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Patch 37 (Beta)

Hello all! Apologies for the LONG delay in patching. Lots of RL stuff popped up, and I'm the only one cranking these things out the door, so here we go!

World Changes
    • Aggie Cellars are completely redone. We sealed up the floor, removed fences, and redesigned the whole area. Come to find out, aggie cellars are actually a clone of a part of the main sewer system. We have changed this so now it makes more sense as a cellar. (Atlas)
    • Added more textures, and added a new 3rd person imp tool! (Camarogue)
    • Fixed misc glass being invisible (Camarogue)
    • Lots of CA epic fixes (Lykos)
    • Fixed Crahn Epic - Raymon is now back where he belongs. (Lykos)
    • Tier 3 PSI spells can now be researched, maybe. (Atlas)
    • Added new descriptions to a lot of items (Atlas)
    • Cybereye 2 was in wrong place (Atlas)
    • Numerous gameworld fixes in Pepper Park 1 (Hyperion)
    • Bruce the Clan Key Guy is in Plaza 1 until we figure out a good home for clan keys.

Game Engine Changes

• Fixed music (Wave) *mic drop* -Lykos
    • Added anisotropic filtering of textures (Wave)
    • Fixed RPOS losing its position after a crash. (Wave)
    • Changed up RPOS sounds a little bit, lets hear some feedback. (Camarogue)

Changes will be faster now that I'm back I promise
    Noah "Lykos" Wingate-Dolph
    Server Administrator / Developer
    N E O C R O N . O R G
    Community Developed, Runner Approved!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lykos For This Useful Post:

Barely Legal (03-07-2017),DarkPhoenix (03-06-2017),Lore (03-08-2017)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clan keys YAY, and also a lot of nice fixes also yay

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Job NCC TEAM!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the new cellars, looks great, quite a few (varied) mobs and large size. Will make an excellent low-mid hunting area.

New loot sound is nice too.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Love the new cellars, looks great, quite a few (varied) mobs and large size. Will make an excellent low-mid hunting area.

New loot sound is nice too.
    Glad you like it, the mob spawns are subject to change eventually but we wanted to push the world changes so the community could see what we've been doing.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hyperion For This Useful Post:

DarkPhoenix (03-06-2017),Lykos (03-06-2017)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far I'm liking the new UI sounds! Definitely an upgrade over what we had before. :3

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, so far the changes to the cellars are pretty awesome. It's a lot harder to do missions down there though when before I could just get all my aggie captains at the door and leave. D: On the upside, the new crates you've got stacked all over actually function as cover! That's Awesome!! I can legitimately hide behind them and heal up between trading blows with the mutants now

The shape and size of the new rooms also seems to let the AI work a bit better too, they're actually moving around more and taking cover themselves as well (at least, as much as neocron mobs can xD). I've only gone three rooms deep so far, but I give what I've seen a thumbs up.

One bug, though! I entered the Abandoned Cellar Lv. 4 in Plaza 2's Archer & Wesson. When I exited, I was in Plaza 4's ASG and the door behind me was an Abandoned Cellar Lv. 6. >_> Went back in and out to test that again though and it sent me back into the same cellar, and exited in ASG again, so at least there it works.

- - - Updated - - -

One more follow-up on that: Please remove the ability for enemies to spawn in the ladder room (the exit)! I just entered just now after I got back from work and got ambushed by several aggie captains. D: I was HP 0 before I even realized what was going on. D:

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frission View Post
    So far I'm liking the new UI sounds! Definitely an upgrade over what we had before. :3

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, so far the changes to the cellars are pretty awesome. It's a lot harder to do missions down there though when before I could just get all my aggie captains at the door and leave. D: On the upside, the new crates you've got stacked all over actually function as cover! That's Awesome!! I can legitimately hide behind them and heal up between trading blows with the mutants now

The shape and size of the new rooms also seems to let the AI work a bit better too, they're actually moving around more and taking cover themselves as well (at least, as much as neocron mobs can xD). I've only gone three rooms deep so far, but I give what I've seen a thumbs up.

One bug, though! I entered the Abandoned Cellar Lv. 4 in Plaza 2's Archer & Wesson. When I exited, I was in Plaza 4's ASG and the door behind me was an Abandoned Cellar Lv. 6. >_> Went back in and out to test that again though and it sent me back into the same cellar, and exited in ASG again, so at least there it works.

- - - Updated - - -

One more follow-up on that: Please remove the ability for enemies to spawn in the ladder room (the exit)! I just entered just now after I got back from work and got ambushed by several aggie captains. D: I was HP 0 before I even realized what was going on. D:
    I've edited the spawns in that room to allow players to spawn without getting attacked. I've deleted some floating valves left over from the previous version that KK made. There were some clipping issues left over from GM spawned fences that were in the original map which have now been removed.

Following feedback from people I've also moved some cardboard boxes around as they were causing issues when fighting.
    I've also informed @Lykos of the spawning issue.

-H
    Last edited by Hyperion; 03-07-2017 at 02:06 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hyperion For This Useful Post:

Frission (03-08-2017)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome to Quake 2 ! Cellars are pretty decent !
    I reco to drop a mission term somewhere as u get easy and fast through these Mission before u even walkthrough, kinda faster as before.
    What you Guys think about implementing a Beginner XP / item collect quest over an NPC or much better - would it be possible to grab for ex. 3 Missions at onces ?
    Which you easy could do by running through the Sewer. A Bit faster, no more needed to walk up after 2 Mins accomplishing one single Mission, something like that ?
    I mean, why not ? ;-)

#Keep the Good Work #Awesome
    #Quake4Life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hokie. I'd like to see no spawns in that room whatsoever, rather than just moved to a different spot in the room. That area should be safe from that. After spending a few hours down there I can say the overall layout seems to allow for a LOT more adds in combat, for better or worse. I'm not sure how I feel about the current range of enemies spawning in there. Not a fan of the mutant gunmen (flamethrower guys) showing up around blind corners. They do too much damage for how little gain you get out of them exp wise.

Also, I did notice there are some invisible wall issues with the new sewer grate floor pieces in the long middle rooms.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frission View Post
    Hokie. I'd like to see no spawns in that room whatsoever, rather than just moved to a different spot in the room. That area should be safe from that. After spending a few hours down there I can say the overall layout seems to allow for a LOT more adds in combat, for better or worse. I'm not sure how I feel about the current range of enemies spawning in there. Not a fan of the mutant gunmen (flamethrower guys) showing up around blind corners. They do too much damage for how little gain you get out of them exp wise.

Also, I did notice there are some invisible wall issues with the new sewer grate floor pieces in the long middle rooms.
    The spawns will be reviewed in time, so that it will be returned to the previous values.

The floor issue in the main room has been fixed and will be live in the next patch.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hyperion For This Useful Post:

Frission (03-09-2017)