User Tag List

Thread: March 3rd Development Update!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

March 3rd Development Update!

Hey all, sorry for the long silence, been a crazy month around the NCT.

First off, I have a son now \o/ so he has been taking up a lot of my time, so I haven't had time to dedicate to NC lately, but I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things around here.

Therenall has been working on a big change with how we store data for the game, and this will make NC a lot more stable in how it stores and reads data. It is a big change that will take some time, so sit back relax and wait for that. I promise it will be worth the wait.

Wizard is still hammering away at the netcode making it happy and making the client and server talk to each other better and more logical.

Atlas, Hyperion and Cam are plugging away at content, and we have some really great surprises for you soon.

I'm working along on everything else and we will be getting a patch together soon. We are working on methods to streamline our patching so that we can patch more often without one person (me) having to manually roll it together.

We are still here! We are still working to make Neocron great again, and back to its roots of a PvP-PvE happily balanced game. The NCT has not forgotten about you guys and we appreciate all the testing you continue to do.

To go ahead and answer the questions of a wipe: Yes, we will be doing a wipe, but remember this is Beta. We are collecting data, even the data that people aren't reporting (Exploiting epic rewards? Come on guys...), and we are working for fixes before we go to retail.

We have a very very nice reward for the people who are playing through Beta and continue to test and report bugs. It is not anything of monetary value in game, it is not anything that will give anybody an advantage over anybody, it is something to mainly show off that you helped make NC great again. When the time comes to announce it, I will be handing the mic over to @Atlas to make this announcement as he has put a lot of work into it for you all.

I'm very proud of the team and all they have accomplished, and we couldn't have done any of this without the community behind us and helping us every step of the way. You guys rock. Cheers!
    Noah "Lykos" Wingate-Dolph
    Server Administrator / Developer
    N E O C R O N . O R G
    Community Developed, Runner Approved!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lykos For This Useful Post:

Ascension (03-03-2017),Barely Legal (03-05-2017),DarkPhoenix (03-04-2017),Disturbed (03-03-2017),Jesterthegreat (03-04-2017),Peter Lustig (03-05-2017),rookiedoo (03-05-2017)

Developer / Server Admin Therenall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To clarify my part some: I'm working on the storage formats for all character data, as well as all item data. This change will result in us having much better integration into the character data, as well as having a well defined format for it all. This is also the item and character storage change I was talking about before in a previous post ( https://forum.neocron.org/threads/39...report-(10-28) .)

Once this is done, we should see some cool new things come of it
    Therenall
    Developer / Server Administrator
    N E O C R O N . O R G

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Therenall For This Useful Post:

Ascension (03-03-2017),DarkPhoenix (03-04-2017),Lykos (03-03-2017),rookiedoo (03-05-2017)

Lead GM / Community Manager Atlas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stickied, ya dope. :P
    Chris "Atlas" Potts
    Lead GM / Community Manager / Content Developer
    N E O C R O N . O R G
    Drop that weapon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^<3 !
    Keep the good Work, thanks for everything so far. much Love.
    #Quake4Life

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Numbe Roger Ramjet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sexual
    Some veterans are still n00bs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where's Ray....

... pun intended :d

It's nice to know what are you all doing ( it's more like to be part of it ).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Shirlias For This Useful Post:

Lykos (03-06-2017)